Followers

Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Fairfield dollhouse - Days 49 to 52

Hi, everyone!

Lots has been done even with breaks for Christmas and New Year's Parties!

Last check before cutting the extra step:


I glued the flooring in place and then I tinkered some with the staircases...








I glued the porch's ceiling in place:





And I added some trimmings on the staircases floor-gaps.










Tomorrow I'll be sealing the floors and finishing the floor gaps trimmings...

I decided - FINALLY - the colors.
The interior will be in shades/patterns/prints of yellows with white ceilings. The exterior will be white with blue trimmings and shingles. The fireplace chimney will be covered in a stone wallpaper. The staircases will be white with some parts in yellow wallpaper and the steps will be covered with a 'carpet'... that I still need to buy.
The furniture will be made by me from scratch in Edwardian style. I got the 'Edwardian Era: Miniatures in 1:12 scale" by Jane Harrop. Two thumbs UP!
That's all for now.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment