Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Taft General Store dollhouse - Days 04 to 10

Hello, my good people!

I forgot to update my blog... BAD ME, BAD!
I did lots of things and now I'm choosing floors... Choices are mean!
But ANYWAY, here what I had done:

I glued the strips of the door side panels in place (although I decided to discard that later on):

I added the roof trimmings:

I made a third floor with cardboard, mansard style roof:

Roof was up!:

Front-ish roof was up:

 The open back trimmings were added:

Testing the best placement for the second floor inner wall :

I ended choosing this one:

I unglued the front-ish roof so I could cut the staircase head-gap (?):

And I added a little window for the bathroom in the third floor:

The hard work to make a spiral staircase from scratch was painful:

 The front door was taped in place and the little window seats glued so I could make the floor templates:

The 'glass' tiles on the front entrance was taped so they are not damaged:

My choice for the ground floor, two kinds of glass tile:

I did try some tiles for the exterior, but I didn't have enough tiles to finish the front. If I find more of the same thin ones I'll do it.
What do you think? YEY or NEY:

I also added the third floor' inner wall:

And now I'm cutting popsicle sticks for the second floor (hall/living area and kitchen/dinning are). For the third floor I think I'll use tiles on the bathroom and wood for the bedroom area.

That's all for now,

Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Taft General Store dollhouse - Day 03 - part II

Hello again!

And more was done today! YEY ME!
I glued the front door side panels (?) in place and I decided to add a third floor.
I used my Google-fu and found a mansard plan I liked and printed two.
Using scrap wood from the kit I built the frame for the third/attic floor.

The sides roofs will be done almost the same way only the left side will be partially open.

First, dry fitting of the roof:

One for the front and one for the back:

Close-up of the panels, the plastic tiles are covered with tape so they don't get scratched:

Time to sleep. I'll be doing more tomorrow for sure.
Later! and Cheers!!

The Taft General Store dollhouse - Days 01 to 03

Hi, Everyone!

I decide to tackle the Taft General Store before the Diana... ;D

The original: 

Of course, I'm bashing, it wouldn't be me if I didn't make some modifications.

First of all, it' not sure it's going to be a store/shop. Maybe a little house.
I'm going to add a attic and change the roof. I looked and I'm between the hip roof and the mansard roof.

No decisions were made about colors and decorations... That nightmare is still to come. I'm awful with choices.

For the front door, I substituted the acetate templates for plastic tiles. The two narrow windows closest to the door also got plastic tiles. FYI, plastic tiles stinks baaad before you wipe them down with water. EWWWW!

I also already built the two little cuties benches, but I don't know if I'm going to use them.


 The foundation:

Walls up while the foundation dries:

House upside down so the original roof, now 3rd floor can be glued in place:

The little back room also was glued in place:

The door with the plastic tiles:

The two little panels windows, also with plastic tiles:

The benches:

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Fantasy Villa - 21 days of Work

Hi everyone!

Long time no see!

I built a mdf dollhouse called Fantasy Villa for my little cousin Maria Eduarda.

It's a pretty little Goth/Victorian dollhouse, 1/24 scale. But very over the top, so I made some changes - obviously - to tone down some of the trimmings.

Here the original building:

Very busy little thing.
This is how I built it.

I cut off some of the trimmings (porch and roof thingies) and added a extended part on the second floor, 'cause there was a door floating there... really weird.

Cheers! Next in line: The furniture for the Fairfield!