Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Taft General Store dollhouse - Day 03 - part II

Hello again!

And more was done today! YEY ME!
I glued the front door side panels (?) in place and I decided to add a third floor.
I used my Google-fu and found a mansard plan I liked and printed two.
Using scrap wood from the kit I built the frame for the third/attic floor.

The sides roofs will be done almost the same way only the left side will be partially open.

First, dry fitting of the roof:

One for the front and one for the back:

Close-up of the panels, the plastic tiles are covered with tape so they don't get scratched:

Time to sleep. I'll be doing more tomorrow for sure.
Later! and Cheers!!

The Taft General Store dollhouse - Days 01 to 03

Hi, Everyone!

I decide to tackle the Taft General Store before the Diana... ;D

The original: 

Of course, I'm bashing, it wouldn't be me if I didn't make some modifications.

First of all, it' not sure it's going to be a store/shop. Maybe a little house.
I'm going to add a attic and change the roof. I looked and I'm between the hip roof and the mansard roof.

No decisions were made about colors and decorations... That nightmare is still to come. I'm awful with choices.

For the front door, I substituted the acetate templates for plastic tiles. The two narrow windows closest to the door also got plastic tiles. FYI, plastic tiles stinks baaad before you wipe them down with water. EWWWW!

I also already built the two little cuties benches, but I don't know if I'm going to use them.


 The foundation:

Walls up while the foundation dries:

House upside down so the original roof, now 3rd floor can be glued in place:

The little back room also was glued in place:

The door with the plastic tiles:

The two little panels windows, also with plastic tiles:

The benches:

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Fantasy Villa - 21 days of Work

Hi everyone!

Long time no see!

I built a mdf dollhouse called Fantasy Villa for my little cousin Maria Eduarda.

It's a pretty little Goth/Victorian dollhouse, 1/24 scale. But very over the top, so I made some changes - obviously - to tone down some of the trimmings.

Here the original building:

Very busy little thing.
This is how I built it.

I cut off some of the trimmings (porch and roof thingies) and added a extended part on the second floor, 'cause there was a door floating there... really weird.

Cheers! Next in line: The furniture for the Fairfield!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Fairfield dollhouse - Days 122 to 125.

Hi y'all!

IN the last four days of work I had the porch covered with the bambu sticks so they look a lot better now.

I may paint the curved details in the future but right now I like it like it is.

Then I add a stone paper to cover the foundations and the front steps.
White glue in some spots in the porch so it wouldn't move it so much.

And its done!
This dollhouse is gorgeous and I had a lot of fun building it.
I could see myself doing another IF Greenleaf would make it a laser cut.
Die cuts are mean and I hate the 'decades' of sanding they need.

Now what to do next!?
I have a Diana, a Taft General Stone (both Greenleaf) and a Fantasy Villa (bought here in Brazil, in a craft shop), and the 1/2 scale furniture (also Greenleaf) to be done... Argh! Choices!!

Till later!

Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Fairfield dollhouse - Day 121

Hi, Its me again!

I just finished 'shingling' the tower so the roof it's done! Kind of... There's some parts I'm going to leave just painted brown 'cause I haven't decide what to do with it.

During: the front 'faces'


Fairfield now:

Next it is the porch and the front steps...
But now I'm going to take a showed, drink a latte and chill...
FYI: hot glue on (in?) the thigh BUUUURNS!!!! OUCHY!!

Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Fairfield dollhouse - Days 115 to 120

Hello, my good people!


I had a moth of vacation and them it was back to work, work, work. Almost no time to 'dollhousing' or even blogging...
But the end of the NO GOOD BAD YEAR 2016 is approaching and I got my mojo back.

The Fairfield is on her final stages. Final trimmings to glue in place and final Shingles! to add to the tower roof.
To finish completely I only have the porch to build and the front steps.

Picture time:

After this dollhouse I'm going to build the furniture for it.
P.S.: I'm going to possible post more pictures tonight or tomorrow. If the glue collaborate and dry ALREADY! ;D

Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Fairfield dollhouse - Days 113 and 114

HI, everyone!

Shingles fun-times still happening...

Then I had to stop because the shingles were not enough for the rest of the roofs. I'm going to buy more cardpaper so I can make more and finish this. Shingles fun-times are boooring!
See ya!