Followers

Monday, March 26, 2018

The Tudor Style Manor - 193 days of work

Hello my good people!

It's been a very long time since I blogged last. No excuses just laziness.

I got 2 MDF dollhouses that I bashed to make a Tudor style Manor.
The first was a Greenleaf Glencroft-ish dollhouse (almost the same exterior, but the interior was different) and the second a Barn like dollhouse. Both were made of MDF. I don't have a problem with that, by the way.


Since I decided to build this bash, I took over 100 photos so I'm going to post just the highlights and the finished dollhouse. So be advised this post is picture heavy.

Let's GO!



I removed the mullions (?) of the windows 'cause I hate them! And I cut off the door and made a new one.



I used glass, porcelain, and marble tiles as flooring for all the rooms.




The exterior panels were filled with white plaster and the exterior trimmings were painted with black guache with a coat of clear nail polish for extra shiny!
And I used limestone mini tiles as 'siding' the ground floor exterior.




I used a creamy verge paper for the ground floor, and for the other walls/ceiling/fireplace, I used some wallpapers I printed on my inkjet printer.










I added some bamboo sticks as trimmings on the windows and the bedroom as 'paneling'.




The runners for both staircases are pretty ribbons I got at discount at a local crafty shop.



Acetate for the windows. A 'embossed one for the ground floor (kitchen and services areas) and regular one for the other windows.



As always I painted the doors with black nail polish




And because I was felling extra lazy I added a coconut doormat as thatched roof, glued in place with superglue.



All done! I have no furniture for this dollhouse.



Onto the next: The Half-Scale Laser-Cut Diana by Greenleaf

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment