Followers

Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Rosedale style dollhouse, made for sale - 40 days of Work.

Hello, my good and merry friends!

I was asked by a friend to decorate a MDF Rosedale-style dollhouse for sale. MY FIRST SALE!!!
The original kit came from Elo7 and surprising enough I made almost no changes!

The kit:


I removed the mullions and that's it! I did not added the exterior wall trimmings or the roof thingies.



This dollhouse was easy to built and the only difficult I had was with the staircase. I had to add that after I finished the interior 'cause I have fat hands and fingers and I would not be able to access the back wall after the staircase was in place. The buyer choose baby blue/cream for the colors. Nice!


All the wallpaper and floor/roof papers were printed in my inkjet printer in white verge paper. I also added thin strips of white verge paper as baseboard so I could have nice corners.


This kit does not have interior trimmings for the windows/doors, so I made some using the exteriors trimmings as templates in white verge paper. The doors were painted with a off-white/cream paint. Acetate pieces were added as glass for the windows.





I choose this pattern  for the printable paper floor:


You can't access or really see the staircase so I didn't bother to cover or paint, but the back of the staircase (in the kitchen space) was covered in white Canson paper.
The ceilings were also covered with white Canson paper:



I used the off-white/cream paint to cover this railing:


The exterior siding was made with strips of aqua-marine blue verge paper, and the trimmings were painted with the off-white paint. The corners were covered with strips of white Canson paper:



This balcony's edges were painted in off-white:


This is my choice for the printed patterns for the roof:


The top of the roof was also covered with printed verge.



And that's the finished Dollhouse, ready for sale:





Now I'm going back to my half-scale Beacon Hill style dollhouse. Shingles/siding fun-times approaches!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment